Tuesday, October 12, 2010

N E W S F L A S H

Sufjan Steven's new album "The Age of Adz" is incredible.  I am not a fan of Steven's previous albums, including the celebrated "Come On Feel the Illinoise!"  Too folksy and too much over-the-top orchestration.

However, "Age of Adz" is a completely different direction and sound for Stevens.  While still encompassing his folk-like demeanor, the sound is very electronic.  I mentioned to someone earlier today that "Age of Adz" sounds like a combination of "Fleet Foxes" and "Kid A."  The combination is classic and has given me a whole new perspective on Sufjan Stevens.  If this is his new approach to his music, I foresee myself buying a lot more of his albums in the future.

  

Well done, Sufjan, well done.

Prepstarr

No comments:

Post a Comment